Your pinkish/reddish lips might turn dark due to various reasons like smoking, dietary deficiencies, allergens in lipsticks, too much dryness and dehydration etc. we have various solutions for you turn back your dark lips to the pink lips that you earlier had and to help you flaunt the perfect pout.
Sometimes the lip colouration may be due to genetics and some underlying disease conditions. An important point to consider would be find out if any one else in the family also has dark lips.
We usually suggest avoiding certain cosmetics that may be irritating or abrasive to the lip mucosa. If one has a habit of frequently changing the lipstick brand then some ingredients in the lipstick or other lip cosmetics may cause a reaction and this may present as a discoloration. Associated itchiness, dryness or scaling may indicate an allergic reaction or a dermatitis.
Permanent lip light pink make-up has effectively hid my dark lips and given me a younger looks
Ms. Gaurika, Greater Kailash
Our solutions for you are:
- Prescription based creams and gels
- Lip peels
- Permanent lip make-up: There are variety of shades to choose from!
Semi Permanent Makeup or Cosmetic Tattooing or Micropigmentation, is the process through which we deposit color pigment beneath the surface of the skin or lip mucosa by help of a micropigmentation or cosmetic tattooing machine. The cost of the treatment varies from INR 15,000- INR 25,ooo.
The treatment is semi permanent though the colour does fade over time and needs a retouch. Frequency of touch-ups depends on a number of factors:
- Pigment color used (lighter colors fade faster)
- How well the post procedure instructions were followed (peeling the scales off removes the pigment)
- Chemical peels over the area where chemical tattooing was done fades it
Steps of the procedure:
- Numbing cream application over the lips for half an hour to 45 minutes
- Anesthesia might also been injected in the gums in order to numb the lips
- Pigment chosen is now used to outline the lip lining
- The pigment is then deposited in the body of the lips.
- Antibiotic cream is applied over the lips after the procedure is over.
Post Procedure care:
- Keep the treated area moist.
- Do not pick or peel off the scaling skin.
- Avoid extreme heat (like steam rooms, places with hot humidity).
- It usually takes 3 to 5 days for the swelling of the lips to subside, so keep taking the oral medications and topical balms as prescribed.