Unwanted facial and body hair is a common problem that can be a source of distress for both men and women. Excess facial hair growth can lead to a lot of self-esteem issues and can be a subject of embarrassment for a lot of people.
The causes of facial hair growth can be varied, ranging from hormonal changes and in several cases, conditions like PCOS. There are several treatments available for body hair, but removing them can be painful and tedious.
A lot of times I’ve come across situations where I couldn’t wear a particular dress because of those small bumpy hairs on my arms and underarms. The old ways of hair removal can be compared to stepping on a never-ending merry-go-round ride which is painful. Be it epilators, bee wax or hair removal creams none of the methods seem like a feasible option these days to the people.
Laser Hair Reduction
One permanent and effective treatment for hair reduction is laser hair treatment. Lasers and light sources can be used to safely and effectively treat larger areas of unwanted hair with minimal patient discomfort and fewer complications than other hair-reduction methods.
Advantages of Laser Hair Removal Treatment
1) They are cost-effective– Now this may come as a surprise to a lot of you but laser treatments are pocket-friendly in the long run. You might have to run to the parlor every month depending upon your hair growth and spend money on a particular kind of wax which could be more expensive than a certain wax. However, laser treatments can be termed as a good investment for the future since only after a couple of sessions you’ll be good to go for a very long time.
2) They are less painful– the ‘pain factor’ is something which attracts many women towards the laser treatment. Epilators and waxing could cause some serious level of pain and discomfort whereas, hair removal creams can cause a burning sensation on your skin. On the other hand, laser treatment is the least painful of them all where each pulse of the laser is a simple sting like sensation.
3) Precision– now we all know about the feeling where you realize that the parlor left a patch of hair because she was in a hurry or because the hair was too small to get pulled off. Most of us also know about the feeling of shaving our hands and legs in the bathroom for hours to achieve the utmost precision. Nevertheless, that’s not an issue with laser treatment since the laser pulse is going to target each hair follicle giving you the best results.
4) Goodbye to coarse and ingrown hair– dark coarse hair and ingrown hair a common problem with people who shave or wax without help. Many a time people don’t know in which direction the hair should be removed and this leads to a common problem of coarse and ingrown hair. Laser treatment is going to ensure that each hair follicle is removed so that it does not cause a feeling of discomfort later on.
5) A decline in hair growth– there is a common myth that laser treatments make your hair darker when they regrow. However, it is the complete opposite of that, after a laser treatment, you’ll notice a decline in your hair growth and also notice the growth of much finer hair.
6) The wait of hair growing- most of us are aware of this thing; where we cannot get waxed before our hair has reached a particular limit even though those small hairs are visible and may be bugging you by making your skin feel rough and causing irritation. It’s the same case with hair removal creams or using epilator where you cannot use it often or before a particular period of time. But with laser treatments you don’t have to wait for your hair to grow you can shave it anytime you feel like. In fact, one is asked to shave before coming for a laser treatment so that it can be effective.
7) Time– most of the procedures of hair removal take a lot of time, whereas, a laser treatment session is hardly going to take 20-30 minutes altogether depending upon the area.
8) Safe for the face and intimate areas– while most of the things can cause irritation or redness laser treatment is proven to be safe for the face as well as the bikini area.
Important Info About Laser Hair Treatment
- The percentage of hair removed per session varies by location on the body, with thinner-skinned areas (e.g., armpits and bikini area) generally responding better than thick-skinned areas (e.g., back and chin).
- About 10 percent to 25 percent reduction in hair growth can be expected with each treatment.
- The hair that regrows following treatment tends to be lighter and finer in texture.
Thanks to Laser Hair Reduction at Zolie Skin Clinic, my painful waxing sessions at the parlour are history now.
Ms. Roopal, Greater Kailash 2
Permanent Hair Reduction
We use FDA approved diode laser to achieve permanent Hair Reduction. The laser energy is used to gradually heat the hair follicles present in the deeper layer of the skin. It heats the hair follicles and makes them unable to produce hair again. It is the best way to remove all unwanted hair from any of body part, and is medically proven to give you permanent hair reduction. There is reduction in density of hair, the course, dark and thick become finer and lighter and also there are longer hair free periods.
Our diode laser can be used to safely and effectively treat larger areas of unwanted hair with minimal patient discomfort and fewer complications than other hair-reduction methods, and it is also more convenient and effective as compared to traditional methods of hair removal like waxing, threading, shaving etc.
Before After Pictures